Healthier Sausage Rolls
For every ‘naughty’ food there’s a healthier option. Everyone loves a sausage rolls, so I’ve come up with a healthier option that’s just as tasty!
- 500g lean beef mince (or 1/2 beef + 1/2 pork mince)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- 1 brown onion (grated)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 5 sheets of low fat pastry
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to season
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line an oven tray with baking paper
- Set your pastry sheets out on the bench to slightly defrost
- In a bowl (or blender) combine mince, carrot, zucchini, onion, 1 x egg, cheese, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper. Stir or blend until really well combined.
- Evenly line 2 rows of mixture on each sheet of pastry. You should be able to get them across 4-5 sheets evenly.
- Cut a line down the middle of each row and then roll the pastry over the mixture to form a ‘roll’.
- Cut each roll into 3 even pieces.
- Line sausage rolls out on the oven tray.
- Whisk other egg and brush egg over the top of each sausage roll, then sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Place them in the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes (or until golden and cooked through)